Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I am so lucky to work with such amazing and fun people. I've only been here a few months, but my department just instantly accepted me into their world.

I've been working at home one day a week so I can get some writing done. One of the girls told me yesterday that she hates this "writing day business" as she doesn't like it when I'm gone. Isn't that so sweet? That is just astounding to me.

I really enjoy skipping the commute one day a week--three hours a day really takes its toll. I also enjoy being able to get down to business and get a bunch of writing done without interruptions. But, I wouldn't want to work from home more than one day a week as I miss the laughter and love in our office. It's so unique to work with people who say they pray for you or will pray for you and they really mean it--it's not just an excuse to get up on the latest gossip. But, also a group of people that laughs and are just real people going through real stuff.

I feel so blessed, that God really placed me with this group of people. I hope everyone gets the opportunity to work with people that you can just totally be yourself around and they love you for who you are.

1 comment:

Uhmanduh said...

I miss the laughter and love too! That even made me think of the Growing Pains theme song, "...sharin' the laughter and love" sniff sniff. :-c

Sigh, I need a new job.