Friday, January 28, 2011

I am visiting my parents in the big ND due to two family deaths. A nice lady from my parents' church brought over dinner one night without even anyone asking. Thanks Avonne!

Today I was able to "scrap" together what I would call a "cheater" card ... but I think it still turned out cute.

I used the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge and it has a leaf, shadow and a phrase that says "Grateful." My mom had a pack of the DCWV A2 card packs in Winter, so probably a little blue than I would have normally done for a leaf card but hey ... it's a "cheater" card, you do what you can do.

She also had a super cute Stack from DCWV called nursery rhymes or something to that effect. Loves it! I found a paper that had glitter -- pre-installed bling! More cheating! I think add the leaf (and its shadow) to the inside of the card, and then wrote a note telling her how much we love to eat delivered dinner. yah!

I was also able to update my mom's Gypsy and her Cricut so ... overall the trip was totally worth it. Headed back to CA tomorrow, Lord willing ...

No comments: