Saturday, February 19, 2011

Wild Card Cartridge:
Flower Birthday + Get Well


I am lucky enough to like my sister-in-law, Jamey. We were friends working at the same company in Florida before my brother snatched her up. Now she lives in North Dakota and I'm in So. Cal., but thanks to the magic of cards, I can still let her know I'm thinking about her .... especially when she falls and gets a major concussion, followed by her birthday two weeks later. Ah!

Get Well Card
I made this Get Well card from the Wild Card cartridge super quick so I could get it in the mail. Wouldn't you know the poor thing came down with tonsillitis while on bed rest for a concussion? If anyone deserves a card in the mail, it is definitely her!
















I cut this card out at 6.25 inches. I cut the card in blackout twice -- once with plain paper and once with the patterned paper. I then cut the patterned paper card (from DCWV Stacks) in half and glued it on the front of the card to make a "fun" Band-Aid. I cut out the "liner," which is the "pad" of the Band-Aid. The phrase is "Get Better," and I cut that out at 5.20 so it would fit on the front of the card. If you cut out the "shift" of the liner, then you get the liner for the envelope. Magic!

I glued the whole thing together with Zig Adhesive.

Flower Birthday Card
For her birthday, I used the cute flower card. It is supposed to be a card that says "Bloom Where you Were Planted," but I used the Happy Birthday phrase from the cupcake card instead. I'm not really sure when I would tell someone to go Bloom, but I love this card so I had to find a use for it.
















I cut the card out at 4.75 inches, which is pretty much max for 12x12 paper. I cut the frame out twice; once for the outside of the card in Happy Birthday paper, and once for the inside of the card in light green matching paper (you can kind of see it in the photo). That way it made the inside of the card cute, plus I knew exactly where to write so it didn't write where the front of the card wouldn't cover. Worked out pretty nifty.

I used some "bling" for the middle of the flower on the outside and on the inside. I got a whole kit of blink at Wal-Mart for like $3 when I was driving through Montana last month. Wouldn't you know the Wal-Mary in Glendive, Mont., is actually nice!

I put my birthday phrase in the corner, also in the DCWV Stacks birthday paper.

Last year Jamey was on bed rest, pregnant with my adorable nephew. This year she needed a bright card now that she was free of bed rest from pregnancy and free from the bonk on her head.

Happy Birthday, Jamey! Stay healthy!

Cheers!
-marcia

No comments: