Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

When my hubby left the house for a meeting on Sunday afternoon, I took the time to make his V-Day card and gift, lickety split!

I got the idea to make these adorable fortune cookies from Carrie at Greenbean's Craftrole. So easy and cute! I printed out little sayings on my computer and then stuck them inside. I used my "heart" punch to really Valentine's it up.











 


When Scrapguy wrapped Hershey's Bars for Valentine's, it got my mind working ... only my guy likes mint with this chocolate. So I found these York Peppermint Patties shaped in hearts for V-Day. Ha! I used the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge to print out a plain old tag with rounded edges  at 7 inches wide and 3 inches high. On your Gypsy, you have to click that chain under the inches so you can modify it to your own needs. Then, I just wrapped them right around the candy, and I held it in place with Zots Singles, medium clear adhesive dots.

I used the Gypsy Font (also on Gypsy) to cut out the X, O, and two hearts in coordinating paper. I cut out slightly larger X,O, and two hearts in the same paper and glued them to a plain old kraft paper gift bag from Target. We bought a couple of 10 packs a while pack and I just decorate them up (or not)--it's great as you can use them for boys and girls, young and old.





I then used the heart card on the Wild Card cartridge to make him a cute V-Day card.

I continued my theme and did an X,O, and hearts on the front of the Heart Card.







I used the Heart Card's Liner and the "hugs & kisses" Phrase on the inside. Easy!










I used my Crop-a-Dile and punched a couple of holes so I could wrap the whole thing up with a ribbon, instead of cutting out an envelope.

Hope everyone shares some love with someone that really needs it today!

Hugs!
-marcia





No comments: