Saturday, February 26, 2011

Molly and the Craft Station
Cupcake Birthday Card: Wild Card Cartridge
 
I had to put my new Cuttlebug to use today, and get ready for some upcoming birthdays. So I grabbed Molly the wonderpup, who just had her lady business removed a couple of weeks ago and needs lots of naps now, and we went to work on making the birthday cupcake card from the Wild Card cartridge. Who doesn't love cupcakes??

I really like this Wild Card cartridge. It makes cranking out shaped cards super-easy -- especially if you have the Gypsy! You can save your cards in there and just print them when you are ready. Ta-da!














I cut this card at 5 inches. You also cut all the liners and phrases you want at 5 inches as well -- it automatically makes everything fit together perfectly. This is especially nice if you don't have a Gypsy.

I have the Fiskars paper cutter, but I bought the replacement blade three-pack, which comes with an orange "scoring blade." It works great.
 
I used all DCWV for the card and Paper Source paper for the envelope. DCWV makes a great Glitter stack, which is what I used for the cupcake frosting and the candle -- they are both super sparkley though you can't really see it in the photo. If you have glimmer mist (which I don't ... sniffles.) you could use that instead.

I used pop-ups so the cupcake frosting would be 3D. I have these ghetto foam ones from Therm O Web (jigga what?), but they work great and I can't justify getting trendy gel flavored ones until I run out. I used my Scotch ATG Gun to put the envelope together--that seems to survive the mail. I used Zig adhesive to put the rest together.

I ran the cupcake "liner" through the Cuttlebug in the Swiss Dots folder, so in real life it's polka dots on polka dots. FUN! Loving my Cuttlebug already. :)

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!
Cheers!
-marcia

No comments: