Monday, May 09, 2011

A Birthday Card with Glam + Glitz

















Like I mentioned, I have tons of birthdays coming up this month. Well ... I personally only have one annually (THANK GOD), but I think half the people I know were born in May!

I made this card from the Damask Decor cartridge. This cartridge is just the BOMB as it comes with cards and envelopes for every single damask pattern. I am not even going to complain that Joanns has it on sale for $30 this week and I paid ... more than that. It's okay, I love it that much.


The brown paper and the rad, glitter-riffic blue paper is from DCWV, then the envelope is from Paper Source paper. I had to use my heavy duty Cricut blade to cut through the glitter paper--it's that super and amazing!



















I got these awesome Pebbles Chips from the good folks at Peachy Cheap, and put the GLITTER ones immediately to work on the cover of this card. You can see all the fun that will be had for years to come with all these gorgeous bits of yummy cardboard + glitter.















This adorable card looks like a present on the front. I cuttlebugged the inside with a fun flower print, and then created a little spot to write on from the same paper I used for the envelope. This is especially great for these shape cards that don't quote cover the entire inside -- then you know right where to write so the writing doesn't leak out and show through the front. yah! When cheating is beautiful. (Yep those cute little quotes are from the Pebbles Chips kit too!)



















 In the end, I think this card has a lot of dimension, glitter and fun! Hopefully the birthday peeps will feel glam and glitz when they get this one.















cheers!
-marcia

<I am entering this in The Pink Stamper National Scrapbooking Day Celebration challenge #9!>

No comments: