Friday, May 27, 2011

It's a Girl!

My friend and co-worker Charissa is like my long lost sister. We joke that we have identical taste buds and that we married what seem like twins. Sure she was born in the Philippines and I was born in North Dakota, but it was truly destiny that we found each other, what with so obviously being separated at birth and all. ha!

This week she found out that the baby that has been making her sick for 18+ weeks is a GIRL! Baby Sophia Rain will arrive in late September, but we need to help cheer up mommy, and NOW.

I just got this adorable set of A2 cards from DCWV, called La Creme. It spoke to my current chandelier / damask obsession.

Box Of A2 Cards & Envelopes: La Creme

I ran the already polka-dotted card through my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder for extra dotted action. I then crunched some holes into it using my Crop-A-Dile and added some ribbon and a chipboard flower from my trust Pebbles Chips collection.















I busted out my You Grow Girl and cute preggo girl from StampOutOnline (Did I tell you I was going to abuse these stamps or what? They are just too much fun!). I stamped the girl on adhesive cardstock from DCWV's Christmas stack and trimmed it down to size with my Fiskars cutter. This thing is so exact at cutting, it's ridiculous.



















I found this "congratulations" sentiment on my Teresa Collins Bebe Girl Die-Cut Cardstock Card Set. I adhered it with Therm O Web Foam Squares onto the same DCWV pink cardstock as the girl.















For the inside of the card, I stamped "You Grow Girl" and framed it perfectly (Love when that works out!) with another glittery pink gorgeousness from Pebbles Chips.















The new mom also needed a gift card, so I cut one out from the Wild Cards cartridge. I added yet another Pebbles Chips for the "button"on the gift card flap.















Congrats Cha-Cha, we can't wait to meet Sophia!

XO,
-marcia

No comments: