Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Over my Head

For our first anniversary, Mr. Awesome got me a gorgeous wedding album from Pottery Barn. It comes with it's own box and everything! So chic.

Well here we are, 2.5 years into marriage and I still haven't assembled it. I've gotten as far as picking the photos, which was such a task ... to pick the photos that would live on in infamy ... that I took a year off after completing that task. Oh boy.

One of the things that plagues me about the project is that the Pottery Barn album is closer to traditional wedding album size, and I am used to working in 12x12 scrap layouts. So my amazing trooper of a mother, who is willing to do the crap work of scrapping that I hate, cut all my 12x12 pages of pink, brown and cream Bazil paper to the appropriate Pottery Barn-imposed size. Yes, she really does rock.

The wonderful thing about waiting this long is that now I have a Cricut. And a Gypsy. And a Cuttlebug. And an ATG. And Zig glue in every size. So really I think it's much better that I waited (is what I tell myself), but really there's no excuse (except for my Imagine-lust, but that's another Christmas away at best) .... So now all I need is my mom to come down here from the great white north to motivate me to assemble this thing and be glad about it. ha! Then I can show everyone my wedding album and they will scratch their heads while nodding and thinking to themselves "that was so 3 years ago."

And now I have a blog to post my progress, so hopefully this will hold my feet to the fire ... or Cricut, as it were.

Cheers!
-marcia

No comments: