Monday, March 21, 2011

Baby, Baby

I have at least three friends who are pregnant right now, so I thought I'd better get a jump start on some baby card making!

Inspired by the popular teething toy, Sophie the Giraffe, which my sweet nephew loves, I made this cute giraffe card using New Arrival. I created an appropriately sized Giraffe, flipped it and welded it together.

This great cartridge also has a "layers" button, so cut that out to get the layered effect. This was a bit of a work in progress--a simple card that took longer than it should. I originally wanted a cute patterned paper for the top later, but it just looked weird / like a mistake, so I had to recut in standard giraffe colors--brown is the card and yellow is the top layer. Now I have a cute giraffe in cute paper with no home ... Hmm, wonder where he will end up.

I ran the giraffe through the Cuttlebug using Swiss Dots. I had to stick it through twice since the giraffe is taller than an A2 card ... convenienetly I left a little spot to tie a ribbon ... almost like I'd planned it ... yeah that's it.

The cute B is for Boy is from my stash / stolen from my sweet mom. Once I know who this card will be going to, I will cut out the baby's name for the envelope.

Cheers to my parents-to-be friends!
-marcia

2 comments:

Wendy aka Bling Queen said...

Very cute card. Hey its Wendy-I did not have a way to contact you. But I learned to do my bow's by searching and watching You-tube video's... Try it and just practice =you will get better trust me..

Thanks so much

marcia said...

Thanks Wendy, good idea! There's nothing you can't find on YouTube these days! ha!