Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Dear Mitchie



My co-worker has had quite a year. After having some crappy things happen in her life, she took control and used the gym as her outlet. Over the past year she has had a total body transformation, and is now being featured in places like Shape and Health magazines!

Since I don't have any buff weightlifting girl Cricut cartridges ... I decided to make her a birthday card themed around wishes coming true, because she is out there reaching for the stars!


I cut out this cloud and stars from Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge so that it would fit perfectly on the front of this glittery A2 card base, then I found some stars and a moon on Paper Doll Dress Up as well--but in a totally unrelated location. The moon cut out super weird, so I ended up just using the stars to give a bit of a 3D effect thanks to my therm-o-web foam squares. I now see there are lots of moons and things on New Arrival, so that is a good option if you want a nice moon.

The cute paper is from a DCWV Stacks. I love the blue color with the maroon red; it isn't typical baby boy blue and lipstick red. They are really nice atypical colors.

I cut out the cake and the layer from Stretch Your Imagination. The cake is actually a baby pink even though it looks kind of peachy here. I had to "hide" the candles and the flame, as they cut with the cake. So you can see I cut the cake, the "frosting," the candles and the flames all separately. Hooray for Gypsy layers-by-force!

"Birthday Wish" was cut out from the Gypsy Font, while "Come True" was cut out from San Serif.

Since I had the outline of this adorable cloud and stars leftover, I realized it would go perfectly on the envelope! Clearly my best envelope ever, if I do say so.

Happy Birthday Mitchie!

-marcia


No comments: