Saturday, March 05, 2011

Rain, Rain Go Away!

My mom has been having a rough time lately, so I wanted to cheer her up with a card. And I wanted an excuse to experiment with the ol' Cuttlebug.

I used a pre-cut A2 Card from DCWV. These sets are great, and you can often find them on sale at JoAnns and Michael's. I chose a yellow one as that reminded me of rain boots.

Here I put lots of paper and ran it through my Cricut ... all DCWV paper.


















I then used the Paisley Cricut cartridge to cut out this umbrella and the rain boots. Paisley is kind enough to have the shadows for both, so that makes things nice and easy. 


















I ran the umbrella through the Cuttlebug using a flowery embossing folder, and then attached the top layer of the umbrella on with some pop dots so it would stick out / be awesome.


















I glued the shadowed boots on the inside of the card to add a little somethin' somethin'. I used my handy Zig 2 Way Glue for all this gluing. When I spied this DCWV paper in one of my Stacks, it reminded me of some rain boots I saw at Target recently. ha!



















You could also add a frame, some grass or a ribbon to this card to make it your own. I chose to add a butterfly embellishment I have from K. and Co. to the umbrella to help symbolize the rain clearing and brighter days ahead .... These cute butterflies were part of my Wal-Mart finds. Sometimes, Wal-Mart is worth braving (kind of).

I ran a second set of boots through the Swiss Dots embossing folder and stuck those to the envelope to cute that up a bit. Another bonus with using these DCWV pre-cut cards is they come with envelopes so no fumbling to make that fit just right. yay!

The finished product is below ... hopefully this help cheer my mom up a bit / chase the rain clouds away. :-)

cheers!
-marcia

No comments: