Thursday, April 21, 2011

Shopping Til I Drop (off to Sleep, preferably ...)

I am currently battling a sinus infection that came out of allergies. UGH. This means being on prednisone and antibiotics. Unfortunately, the antibiotics make me feel sick and the prednisone makes me act sick. The side-effects of prednisone are numerous and unexpected, but I'm starting to notice some patterns.

Besides being moody (Sorry Mr. Awesome), prednisone seems to put some random, annoying song in my head. When I was sick in December, Taylor Swift would play in my head over and over, all night long, when I was trying to sleep but the meds were keeping me up. Let's just say Romeo and I weren't on speaking terms by the end of those three weeks. This time it seems to be Bruno Mars, who would apparently catch a grenade for me but won't get out of my brain. KaboooM!

Speak Now

It also makes me obsessed with having to do something immediately, and to the extreme. In December, I had just gotten my Gypsy and I would lie awake, listening to Taylor Swift in my head and thinking about how I needed to make cards for everyone I knew that very moment! Let's just say that if the Cricut was quieter and not adjacent to our bedroom, I would have been producing instead of obsessing.

This time, my mom is coming to town this weekend (YIPPEE!), so that means I'm obsessed with getting all my ducks in a row for The Wedding Album. At least it's well-timed obsessive energy.

What these obsessions lead to is ... shopping. Mostly for craft items. Seriously, I should hand my credit cards to Mr. Awesome when I go on prednisone. In addition to yesterday's chandelier-themed purchases, and a fluke win of the Home Decor cartridge on eBay ... I ordered a whole slew of stuff from ScrapbookPal.com after I decided at 2 a.m. that I absolutely could not do my wedding album without the Elegant Edges cartridge and the Damask Decor cartridge. In my 2 a.m. delusion, I decided I needed to get them for $50 each (not the $90 MSRP), that they needed to ship to me by this weekend, and that the shipping needed to be free. Wouldn't you know that ScrapbookPal came through on all counts and I should have my stuff tomorrow ... along with some Glimmer Mist, Stickles, ink etc.... Yippee!

DAMASK DECOR Cricut Expression Create Machine Cartridge

In the meantime, I've been playing with the new cartridges on my Gypsy.  I guess I should eat my words that it is dumb that they preload all the cartridges on there, even if you don't have them. I am SO excited to get these carts and know they will be super useful for The Wedding Album and beyond. YAH!

Lets just say the shopping didn't end there, and there are sparkles, stamps and chipboard waiting for my Week O Scrapping with my Mom. If I run out of adhesive or some such nonsense, I'll definitely have to send her to JoAnn's ALONE!

Chic Bebe' Boy 12x12 Transparency 10-Pack: Crowns

All this to say ... I SHOULD be producing some quality craftiness in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!

Nighty night! (I'll be dreaming of Pink by Design stamp sets and my very own Imagine ... )
-marcia

No comments: