Saturday, April 02, 2011

The Baby Cake Shower
















We are so excited to meet Beckham Patrick Davis, the soon-to-arrive baby cake of Megan and Jason Davis (Megan is Mr. Awesome's cousin).

The Davis duo are awesome. Not only did they help with our wedding, which took place just months before their amazingly awesome wedding, they also let us come stay with them last year while they lived in NYC. Imagine being able to walk to the Met, central park, the subway ... to eating authentic slices of pizza, Argentinian steak, and the best cannolis in the world. So lovely and sweet of them to show us around their cool city.

Now they are back in LA (yay!), and we get to celebrate Megan and baby Beckham today! Megan appreciates the details, so I endeavored to make her a card that lets her know how excited we are for her and Jason and their very first baby! 

I got the idea to make the word "Shower" pop off the card from Sweet Sassy Diva. I found the word "Shower" on Gypsy Wanderings under the phrases key, and then welded it to the rattle from New Arrival. I welded that to a tag that included welded corners from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More. The trick is cutting out your word a second time, by itself, on a different colored paper--that way it really pops out and is readable.










I wrapped a bow around it, and I applied the whole thing to an A2 Base. I topped it off with a "bathtub and shower" from New Arrival. It has a layer if you'd like to add it, but I chose to use the shadow and apply Therm O Web Foam Squares to the whole thing to make it jump.

Inside I used the same bright yellow from the word "Shower" to decorate the inside. I found the umbrella in Paisley and welded it inside this nifty little shape from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More. Super cute!










I decided to tie the envelope together with the same ribbon from the card, so I used my Crop-o-Dile and went to town. There are two holes and eyelets on the flap and one hole below.

Adds an especially elegant baby shower vibe, don't you think?















I think it's super-fun to for the parents-to-be to see their baby's name on things ... so I welded together "Beckham Patrick" in the Gypsy Font. The trick to getting the perfect shadow is using your layers on the Gypsy.

Line it up on another layer to make sure it cuts out perfectly. Even if it's not totally perfect, who's to know? I added a little bling for the "i" in Patrick and we are all set.
















Cartridges Used
Gypsy Font
Gypsy Wanderings
New Arrival
Paisley
Tags, Bags, Boxes and More

Cheers to the soon-to-arrive happy, healthy baby boy!
-marcia

No comments: