Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Swinging from the Chandeliers?

I have been obsessed with chandeliers recently as I think they would make some nice images for my upcoming wedding scrabook as well as cards. They are both classy and dark/goth at the same time. I would love to have a giant, over-the-top, crystal chandelier in our otherwise modern dining room and another one in a kitschy bathroom/powder room. So cute.

There actually aren't a ton of chandelier craftiness out there, but I managed to find a Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, which comes with a Chandelier and a Thank You emboss, so both pretty handy. This was around $9 on Overstock.com. I hope these work as well as the Cricut brand folders in my Cuttlebug.

Textured Impressions 2-Pack Embossing Folders: Chandelier & Thank You

I also found this great set by Inkadinkado (also on Overstock.com) that has a few different chandeliers. I am just getting into stamping so we'll see what I end up doing with these.

Inkadinkado Chandeliers Clear Stamps

And finally, I was able to purchase the Home Decor Cricut cartridge on eBay for less than $12 with shipping. Yah! love those kind of finds. I mainly wanted it for the chandelier image (since I don't have the Cricut Circle exclusive French Manor cart, and never will based on the $100 eBay price tag!). But it also has some other neutral images that would be great for cards and backgrounds.

Cricut Solutions Cartridge, Home Décor

My mom is coming on Friday and staying for a whole week, so we are hoping to launch into my wedding scrapbook. Our wedding hall had gorgeous chandeliers, so hopefully I can incorporate these fun new finds!

Cheers!
-marcia

1 comment:

marcia said...

Today Only, PeachyCheap.com has a whole slew of Chandelier themed paper accessories for $14.99!