Thursday, April 21, 2011

An April Baby

I have been SO excited to use these adorable stamps, hand-drawn and made for me by StampOutOnline. Could this girl BE any more adorable? I am going to abuse the privilege of this stamp already, I know it.













I set out to work using the New Arrival cartridge, and used the "Card 1" feature to print out this cute preggo girl (page 25). I then stamped the card and the envelope carefully, with my paper on a magazine for extra cush and maximum stampage. Don't these girls look like they were meant to be together?













I then added a liner from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More to the inside of the card, so preggo mama could have a polka-dot dress on. I used my Gypsy so that the "circle punch" wouldn't cut out, making for a nice rounded-corners. Of course, mama also needed a hat and purse, and her accessories are easily cut out from the New Arrival cartridge as well. I glue dotted those for some 3D action.















Babies need lots of new goodies, so I go the mama-to-be a Babies-R-Us gift card. I then cut out this gift card holder from the Wild Cards cartridge.  I used my Fiskars cutter with a scoring blade to make a perfect score.













The gift card fits perfectly, and I just added some bling to make it look like a little clutch. The paper also matches preggo mama's dress.











I then decided to add April's name to the envelope, since baby's name hadn't been announced yet. I used the Sans Serif font cartridge. My super-pointy Fiskars scissors came in handy here in smashing the edges down nicely.













One day after I gave April her card, she gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby girl. So already this card is a smash hit I think!















Congrats, April, and blessings on your new baby girl!
Cheers,

-marcia


No comments: