Monday, June 26, 2006

Friday on Monday

I hadn't eaten at Friday's for lunch in awhile, but since we had our department birthday lunch there today, I was up for an adventure.

Since there is such a big group of us, we order ahead and fax the menu over. I wrote down the Jack Daniels chicken with veggies and when noon rolled around, I was ready to dine.

It was pretty good, but my lunch bill was $18! EIGHTEEN DOLLARS FOR CHICKEN, ICED TEA and (included) GRATUITY!!

I wouldn't be so annoyed if I got two meals out of it, but it was two glorified grilled chicken strips with a teeny tiny side of Jack sauce.

Seriously, Friday's: You need to get a lunch menu immediately. Immediately.

3 comments:

Uhmanduh said...

They are SO getting a letter.
I think you might've been paying for the magic caper of turning Monday into Friday... at least while you're in the restaurant.

Hehe those chicken breasts were seriously more like two little chicken nubbins.

andy said...

Is that the place with flair?

I've eaten there like twice in the past three years, and that's only because there was this one dude in our circle of friends that liked it, but he moved, so I don't have to eat there anymore.

marcia said...

I don't think Friday's quite captured the essence of what I was trying to communicate to them.


Dear Marcia:

We take pride in offering an extensive variety of great tasting, innovative signature menu items. Thank you for your suggestion, it will be forwarded to the appropriate departments. T.G.I. Friday's will continue to offer and promote outstanding menu choices for our valued guests.

It is my hope that you remain a valued guest of T.G.I. Friday's.

Sincerely,


Paul
Guest Relations