Thursday, June 29, 2006

One of my dumber moments

So last night I got home from work/running errands and just had on my Adidas sports bra and my Reebok exercise pants. Yes, I was mixing-and-matching my sports brands--a huge mistake apparently.

I was cooking some corn in the microwave and pulled it out/didn't realize how much water was left in it... and somehow dumped it completely down my stomach. (Don't ask how, I really really have no idea.)

O-M-G Pain of all Pains. It's like the kind of pain where your body completely goes numb and then you spend the next few hours feeling like your whole body is on fire.

Quite ironically, the nearest cold thing to slap on my stomach was the bag of frozen corn. when that needed to return to its rightful home on the freezer shelf, I slept on an ice pack.

Still this morning, it looks like someone took an extra wide paint brush and painted a sunburn on my stomach. It's one lovely brush stroke down the entire length of my tummy (from sports bra to pants line). I am now sitting at my desk with an ice pack under my shirt/waiting for it to go numb again (X-tra Hott. The Boys will come a-runnin'.)

Life Lesson: I would recommend wearing a shirt--perhaps two or three--even when doing something seemingly innocent like microwaving corn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch!!! Be sure to post an update on the healing process. I hope you're okay.
CA

marcia said...

Sllooowwlllyy getting better. I've been applying a concoction of aloe, Neosporin and moisturizers. My mom said maybe if I'm lucky, it will turn into a tan. :)

GJ said...

HaHa - very funny story. I'm not laughing at your pain......but man, I'm laughing.