Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My wrist

Well, I maneuvered two new busses and made it to the worker's comp doctor.

After a 2 hour wait-wait-wait, I learned I don't have carpal tunnel, so that's great. The doc said that people don't really get carpal tunnel from typing, that is a myth (really? I bet those people that had the surgery are surprised but anyways ...).

He said I am super weak and need to lift weights at the gym. However, the thing you squeeze to measure your grip was not working properly, so I'm not sure how he could properly assess this. I went ahead and asked him if that meant I could go to the gym on company time. :-) He was non-amused. :-(

He also said that I was to take a 10 second break every 10 minutes and get out of my chair to stretch. Every 50 minutes, I need to not work at the computer for 10 minutes.

Yeah ... about that ....

I'm not so sure how one goes about accomplishing anything in a day with this sort of strict break schedule, but he wants me to come back to see how I'm doing so ... I'm trying to stretch more and take my hand off the mouse when pages are loading.

It's good to know my muscles are just being isolated/that I'm not moving around enough, and I don't have permanent damage. yay! Plus, my coworkers can have cause to believe that I really am certifiable, what with all the jumping out of my chair several times per hour. Rock.

And on that note, it's time for a stretch break ...

No comments: