Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I invented the piano key necktie ... what have YOU done, Derek?

Confessions: I think Zoolander is hysterical. While living in Florida, it was one of my top-quoted movies ... and now that I've moved to California, I made Geoff watch the movie (almost immediately--stuff was still in boxes) and have sucked him into the quotability. Yeah yeah yeah, I'm a terrible influence.

But, for those of you that are also fans ... you can only imagine my reaction when I went to Starbucks (yes, the one at the laundromat) this morning and they asked me if I'd like to try an Orange Mocha Frappuccino!!

I literally burst out laughing. I mean ... the reason the model-slash-actors-and-not-the-other-way-around ordered them is that it was SO ridiculous and SO disgusting, right?? Just to check myself, I Googled Orange Mocha Frappuccino and all references were to Zoolander, NOT an actual beverage.

But I really have to hand it to Starbucks for coming out with this drink (about five years too late--hello missed cross-promotional opportunity) ... I mean, I can't think of a better beverage to have in my hand if I were to die from a sudden freak gasoline fight incident.

2 comments:

erika said...

merMAN, dad. merMAN.

Uhmanduh said...

lol, maybe they're only available in Hollywood, for the tourists!

I remember reading this when the movie came out:
"Even though they can be requested, orange mocha frappuccinos aren't on the Starbucks menu and aren't orange."

Please tell me the touristaccinos were orange.