Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Trend Alert.

Cupcakes are so en vogue right now.

Apparently they are no longer for four-year-olds' birthday parties anymore. Oh no.
There are now shops sent up exclusively for the sake of the wonder that is the cupcake. In fact, the Hollywood glitteratti are known to pay $4 a pop for cupcakes with imported ingredients from Europe at Sprinkles in Beverly Hills. It's Oprah's favorite afterall. And I have to admit ... they are delish.

We have The Frosted Cupcakery in Long Beach, a tiny shop with only a display case of the flavors-of-the-day. So exclusive in fact, that they just close up shop on Mondays and Tuesdays. (I mean, who eats cupcakes on Mondays and Tuesdays?!? You are obviously so last year.) And while you are there, don't forget a Pupcake for Sparky...

Okay cupcakes factories, I put in a good word for ya ... now where's my chocolate-covered kick-back? :)

2 comments:

Uhmanduh said...

My confession: I really wanted tiered cupcakes in lieu of a wedding cake. It was on the cover of a Martha Stewart mag.
evidenced here

I would like to visit the cupcakery when I come to LB!

erika said...

i wanted a cupcake wedding cake too, until i thought, "but how will we cut the cake?" it never occurred to me that we could have a separate, small actual cake to cut. i just pictured us with the fancy cake cutter slicing a cupcake in half. it was a pathetic little mental picture, so i scrapped the idea.